Srinagar – The name itself evokes dreams, mystery, romance, and Love. Those who love nature can romance with nature here. The breathtaking view of nature at its best makes tourists pay regular visits to this place.
Srinagar, the Capital of the state of Jammu and Kashmir is situated in the valley and the River Jhelum runs through the city, giving all opportunities for this city for becoming tourist’s heaven.
How to Reach Srinagar?
Srinagar is well connected by air, rail, and road with all major cities of India. Situated at a distance of about 850 Kms. from Delhi by road, but the flight distance is just around 250 kms. Many trains ply between Delhi and Srinagar and National Highway runs through the city. Driving on the national highway is an experience by itself, but be prepared to face long waits on the road due to various reasons.
When to be there?
The best time to visit Srinagar and view Kashmir Tourist attractions is between May to September, the maximum number of visitors pick the period from April to June to visit this place.
6 best Kashmir Tourist Attractions
There are many things to do and many places to visit in Srinagar. Listed here are some important things.
1) Skiing: Tourists come from all over the world to Srinagar to ski. There are many places like Gulmarg, Sonamarg, Pahalgam located at short distances around Srinagar. These are the best skiing locations and Gulmarg also has a Green Golf Course, which adds to the attraction.
2) Snow: Playing in the snow is an experience by itself. The majority of the people visit Srinagar to view the silver-clad mountains and play in the snow.
3) House Boats: Houseboats or Shikara at Dal lake is another tourist attraction. Thousands of houseboats of various sizes and prices are available and tourists can enjoy their stay amidst water in a boat.
4) Gardens: There are beautifully landscaped gardens where one can spend hours wondering at the creation of God.
5) Places of Worship: Many important temples and Masjids are worth visiting. Some of them are Shankaracharya Temple, Hari Parbat, Jama Masjid, Srinagar and Hazratbal Shrine
6) Cable Car: The Cable car from the Gondola, Gulmarg takes you to the Hazrat Bal Shrine. The experience is unique.
What to Eat
Though all types of food are available in Srinagar, Kashmiri and North Indian dishes are the best to be tried. Tourists should not forget to taste Kashmiri Pulao, Rogan Josh, Rista, Yakhni, and traditional Kashmiri Meals.
What to buy
Never forget to buy cloth with Kashmiri Embroidery. Carpets are too attractive to resist and warm clothes must be checked. Beautiful handbags for ladies are a good buy. There are stylish shops and also roadside stalls. Dress materials and Kurtis can be found in every place you visit and don’t forget to bargain.
Accommodation of all ranges is available. Better to book them in advance. Booking can be done online by selecting the one that suits your budget.
What to Carry
Never forget to take a good camera, fully charged. You will need to click a photo every minute as it is irresistible. Warm clothes are a must, better to wear shoes instead of stylish slippers to avoid slipping.
Do not miss the chance to get yourself photographed in the traditional Kashmiri dress. Almost all tourist places offer this service and it is worth a few bucks.
Srinagar Tourism invokes a combination of feelings. It is ideal for couples and for groups as well. One will not stop appreciating the nature in all its beauty, divinity and scary as well.