Carrots are rich in fiber, minerals, vitamin A, C, and antioxidants. These are versatile and hence can be used in many ways like salad, as vegetables, added with some other vegetables to increase their taste and nutrition value. Though Methi is little bitter in taste, it is rich in vitamin content. Methi can be used in making paratha, poori, and can be used with other vegetables also to enhance their taste. Gajar methi ki sabji is a spicy delicious dish with sweetish tinge and unique taste. This dish is very simple to prepare. Let us look into the preparation of gajar methi ki sabji.
Veg / non-veg – veg
Serve – 3 people
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 22 to 25 minutes
- 250 grams carrot
- 1 teaspoon of rai
- 1 pinch of asafetida (hing)
- 2 small teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 bunch of methi
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder or use fresh leaves
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
Procedure for the gajar methi recipe:
- Wash the vegetables. Peel off the carrots and trim the bottom from where the green stem starts and chop them into small pieces.
- separate the leaves of methi from the stalk and cut them into small pieces; for ease chop them with a chopper.
- Add 2 tablespoon vegetable oil to a non-sticky fry pan or a heavy bottomed steel plate utensil. Boil it on high flame.
- Add asafetida, rai and cumin seeds to it and give a medium flame until the cumin seeds start becoming dark brown. It will take up to 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and mix with the oil.
- After this, add pieces of carrot and methi along with salt per your taste; mix them.
- Cook it on medium flame without adding water.
- Occasionally, stir it so that spices get mixed properly.
- In 25 minutes the carrots will become soft. Wait till all the water vaporizes, sprinkle any other masala if you use and cook for other few minutes.
The gajar methi sabji is ready!
Serve it with roti, paratha, rice or as a side dish with anything!
If fresh methi is not available then you can use dried leaves; it will give a new taste.
Note: Do not add water.
Please spare some time and let me know was this recipe helpful for you. Your reviews will help me to improve more and I’ll better try to come up with new dishes.
Enjoy your healthy meal!