It is one of the famous Andhra vegetarian recipe. It is very thin in consistency, usually goes very well with rice. Carrot is rich in Vitamin A, C, Zinc, Potassium and Magnesium and hence the rasam has health benefits. Taste really fantastic and is a good apetizer.
Ingredients for carrot rasam:
1 Big Carrot
1 Big/Medium Tomato
1 tb spn Raayi (Mustard seeds)
1 tb spn jeera (Cumin Seeds)
2 Red Chillies
Method of making carrot rasam:
- Wash the dal properly.
- Put the dal, carrot & Tomato in a cooker, add just over 1 cup of water to it and boil it. After boiling it, grind it well.
- Add water to the mixture above as per your liking (thick/thin).
- Take a pan and add some oil to it and once it is hot now add the chilies, curry leaves, cumin and mustard seeds to it. Put the contents of the pan to your mixture and add salt as per taste and boil it well.
- Once well boiled, you can now add Coriander leaves (Optional).
- Add lemon juice (Optional) while eating with rice.
- Tastes good when the rasam is hot.
- You can make Rasam with beetroot, tomato, tamarind, mango etc.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
- Carrot rasam is very simple to make and you can make it in 20 minutes. You can even serve as a soup.
- Make beetroot rasam with the same recipe replacing carrot.