Nothing can beat eating a delicious, hot plateful of veg pulao especially when it is stuffed with your favorite vegetables, and when you are hungry on a cozy rainy day. Yes, it is everybody’s dream but cooking the pulao is a boring process for some. Here I will teach you how to make a fast turnover yet, the final product is delicious and yummy.
There are many different ways of making pulao. This particular version is tasty, can be whipped up in minutes, and yet pass off as an exotic meal.
Brimming with the goodness of fresh, juicy vegetables, this pulao can be a treat for the health-conscious as well. This easy to cook veg pulao recipe leads you to a yummy plate to satiate your hunger pangs in just 30-35 minutes.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves – 2 Persons
Ingredients for the Veg Pulao:
- Rice- 100 gms (In raw state) or 1 cup (cook and keep aside)
- Potatoes: 2 small, diced
- Carrots: 2 small, sliced
- Capsicum: 1 Small, sliced
- Beans: 200 gms, chopped
- Oil for frying vegetables: 3 large spoons
Ingredients for the Veg Pulao Masala:
- Coconut: Grated, 3-4 spoons or one small cup
- Pudina- 1 Handful
- Green Chilli- 1 large
- Onion- 1 medium size, diced (for grinding)
- Ginger: 1-inch cube
- Khaskhas – 1 small spoon (Optional)
Method for Preparing Veg Pulao:
- Grind coconut, ginger, pudina leaves, 1 chili, and onion in the mixie with 1 small cup water into a smooth paste (for 2 minutes)
- Half boil beans with a pinch of salt (For 10 minutes), Add carrots to the same mixture, boil both for another 5 minutes
- Fry potatoes in 3 spoons of oil until it is golden brown, add a little salt during the last 1 minute, set aside
- Fry capsicum in the same oil, add the ground masala to the capsicum mixture, add all the other vegetables, mix well for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice to this mixture, add salt and mix well. Make sure not to cover the lid for 10 minutes to make sure the rice does not get soggy. Serve hot.
Delicious and healthy pulao is ready. Serve it with Cucumber Raita or Mix veg. raita or Green Salad.
Cooking veg pulao made easiest!
Alternatively, you can fry the ground masala in a cooker, then add chopped vegetables and fry for 2-3 minutes. To this add rice and fry for 3-4 minutes. Close the cooker lid and cook for one whistle on medium heat.
Allow the cooker to cool and immediately take out the contents to a wide-mouthed container. All it to cool completely. Now mix it well and heat it if you want to relish hot.
If you mix the Veg pulao before it cools, the rice grains will break and pulao becomes very soft. So it is good to allow it to cool completely and then mix so that rice grains are intact.
The veg pulao can be made rich by cooking it completely using ghee instead of oil and you can enhance the taste by adding cashew for grinding. Alternatively, if you are conscious about calories, you can use just 2 spoons of oil, include more vegetables and make it healthy too.
- You can also add vegetables like Cabbage, Peas, Cauliflower.
- I have used just one green chili so that the Pulao is not very hot. If you are fond of a hot, spicy Pulao add one or two more chilies depending on the variety of chili.
- If you want it to be rich, use Ghee instead of oil.
- Basmati rice or Pulao rice can be used instead of ordinary rice.
- Garnish with fried Cashew for extra taste.
- Also, check our Kathal biryani and other recipes which are equally delicious