Mint Paratha is authentic traditional North Indian recipe for breakfast, especially in Punjab. It’s a simple, healthy, delicious and flavorful Indian flat-bread made with wheat flour, mint potatoes and spices. Mint Paratha makes a wonderful meal and just takes a few minutes to make. Mint is a magic ingredient which rich with anti-oxidants and phytonutrients. It helps in digestion, relieves cough and asthema, boosts immunity and cleanses the skin.
Serves:- 4 persons
Wheat flour – 2cup
Mint leaves – 2cup
Chopped green chilli – 2nos.
Finely chopped onion – 1cup
Boiled and mashed potato – 1no.
Cumin powder – ½ tsp
Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
Salt – to taste
Ghee or Oil
- In a large bowl mix flour, salt and water to make a soft dough.
- Cover it with a wet cloth and set it aside for 10 min.
- Dry roast the mint leaves for 2 minutes and crush them lightly with your fingers.
- Mean while heat oil in a pan and stir fry the onions and green chilli.
- Add the mashed potato to it.
- Then add cumin powder, garam masala powder,salt to taste and finally the roasted mint leaves. Mix all the ingredients.
- Remove from flame and cool the mixture.
- Make 8 similar balls of the dough (2 balls for 1 parantha).
- Roll out 2 dough balls. Spread 1/4th of the stuffing evenly over the surface of one rolled-out dough.
- Place another rolled-out dough over it.
- Press the edges to seal it.
- Dust with flour and roll out gently to make parantha.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and place the parantha.
- Fry both the sides evenly with oil or ghee.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Serve hot mint paratha with curd or mint chutney. It is a good choice for your kid’s Tiffin box also.
Master Chef’s Tip:-
Dry roasting and crushing the leaves boosts the aroma of mint extraordinarily and also enhances the taste.