Oats Upma is for those who love the taste of Upma and Health benefits of oats. This combination has the health benefit of oats and vegetables and taste of Upma. Oats Upma can be cooked easily and faster compared to Rava Upma.
Ingredients for Oats Upma
- Rolled Oats – 1 cup
- Green Chilies – 1-2
- Vegetables – Beans, Carrot, Cabbage, Capsicum, Alu, Peas – all cut into small cubes.
- Coriander – finely chopped
- Kari Patta – A few
- Lemon – 1
- Grated Coconut – 3 -4 spoons
- Oil – 4 Table Spoon
- Mustard seeds – 1 small spoon
- Jeera – 1 small spoon
- Gram dal – ½ spoon
- Urad Dal – ½ spoon
- Salt to taste
How to make Oats Upma in few simple steps?
Here is the simplest way to make Oats Upma in few simple steps. In a thick pan dry roast the oats for 3-4 minutes in medium flame. Half boil all the vegetables except capsicum.
Put the pan on flame, add the rest of oil, and when it is hot add mustard and let it splutter. Add Gram dal, Urad dal, Green Chilies, Jeera. Wait till the chilies turn whitish, now add chopped capsicum. Allow the capsicum to become soft, and then add Kari Patta, Salt to taste, ginger, boiled vegetables. Mix them well and then add Oats and mix again. Now sprinkle few spoons of water, close the lid and leave it for 2-3 minutes in low flame.
Now add grated coconut, coriander, and lemon juice. Oats Upma is ready to serve. Savor this with Coconut Chutney or Chips or Papad or Raitha. This is the easiest and best Upma recipe made using vegetables.
- Water required is very little quantity, so be careful while adding.
- Upma prepared with 1 cup oats will serve only 2 persons, unlike Rava Upma.
- Vegetables can be added as per your choice.
Your place is valuable for me. Thanks!