Haryanvi Churma or Haryanvi Roti ka Meetha Churma is a traditional sweet dish well-known to almost every household in Haryana state. Especially known to provide you instant high energy, this heavy diet is exclusively loved by the people across this state. Historically, ‘Churma’ is considered as a rich diet that not only satisfies hunger but also energies you instantly with high calories intake. Since years, it had perfectly served the purpose of agriculture-based society where high energy foods are naturally required for performing manual farm-based work.
Let’s see learn to make this sweet and tasty Haryanavi Roti ka Meetha Churma at your home within a few easy steps-
Main Ingredients Required for Roti ka Meetha Churma
To prepare Haryanavi Churma, the main ingredients required are-
• Whole wheat flour (‘Atta’).
• Pure Desi Ghee.
• Powdered sugar or crushed jaggery
• Milk (in small quantity)
• Chopped Almonds
The process to Make Haryanvi Roti Ka Meetha Churma
To make or prepare Churma you simply need to follow these easy steps:
- Take a bowl of whole wheat flour. Add 1 tablespoon of Desi ghee and some quantity of milk to it. Mix well and knead the dough adding water in small quantities. Remember that the dough should be stiffer and not very soft.
- Divide the dough into small sized balls and roll them into flat chapatis.
- On medium flame roast the chapati till it turns the golden brown and crispy like biscuits. You will get this perfect if you use a thick-bottomed Tawa. After that, put the hot chapatis in a big size plate and crush them into small pieces.
- Pour 2 or 3 tablespoons of Desi Ghee and add Powdered sugar or jaggery to the mixture.
- Crush the mixture well with hands and give it the shape of round laddoos. Garnish it with the small pieces of almonds.
- Now, this traditional delicacy Haryanvi Roti Ka Meetha Churma is ready to relish.
Usually, people prefer to eat this Churma in the shape of a laddoo because that is a little convenient way. It can be stored for 2-3 days in an airtight container.