Egg curry with potatoes is a famous Indian curry eaten all over India
and it’s simple, rustic and above all fun to eat.
Ingredients for egg curry:
- 7 eggs – hard boiled, make knife peel and slit them
- 3 potatoes sliced
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 red chilies
- 1 stick cinnamon
- Meethi seeds
- Mustard seeds
- 1tsp ginger paste
- 1tsp garlic paste
- 3 onions chopped
- 3 tomatoes grated
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1tsp sugar
- ½ cup coconut milk
Procedure for egg curry:
- Dry roast coriander seeds, methi seeds, cinnamon stick, red chilies, cumin seeds for 2-3 minutes and set aside. After it cools down, ground the mixture.
- In the same pan heat oil and add onions and sauté till golden brown.
- Add ground whole spices and mix well.
- Add water and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic paste, and tomatoes and wait till it leaves oil.
- Add coconut milk and 2 cups of water into it and bring to boil.
- Add the potatoes and cook till they soften.
- Add the boiled and slit eggs and simmer till the gravy becomes thick.
- Lip smacking egg curry with potatoes is ready to serve with rice.
You can try any of these Indian Curry in your free time. I am sure you are going to enjoy both making and eating of these curries. They are definitely worth a try!